Our Mission and Goals
CFLS provides high impact housing, youth development, employment, mentoring, and emergency services to 500 homeless and low income persons monthly to create opportunities for their success!
Our agency has two primary goals: to resolve our clients' short-term crisis needs and to help them break the cycle of poverty that leads to crises and homelessness.
- Provided housing and housing services for individuals and families - Provided 89 units of transitional and permanent housing.
- Provided Transitional to Permanent Housing Programs for 19 families with 70% of families reporting an increase in income and 100% moving to permanent housing.
- CFLS' Trinity Arms Transitional Housing Program ranks #14 of 60 Transitional and Permanent Housing Programs in DC.
- Housing Case Management for 45 persons living with HIV.
- Provided supportive services to 115 children including case management, counseling and education, provided housing, tutoring and/or advocacy.
- Enrolled 35 children in the academic based Afterschool program and 50 children signed up for the summer enrichment programs with 92% of children in this program reporting an increase in academic performance.
- Provided employability development and job placement for 102 chronically unemployed persons through CFLS Employment Development and Placement Services.
- Provided walk-in emergency food and clothing to 2,500 persons annually and operated a volunteer component logging 8,056 hours of volunteer services.
- Provided breakfast to an average of 75 homeless individuals monthly.
- Distributed toys to 300 Families during the Christmas Toy Drive.
William Arthur Ward